Get familiar with the detailed process of Asus router setup
Executing the Asus setup router generally relies on the model or series number of the router. For setup process you need internet connection that must be sturdy.
Execute asus router setup
- Remove the packaging. Take out your Asus router for asus setup router with other accessories.
- Attach router to the power source using the adapter that comes in its packaging. Take the Ethernet wire and link it to router’s WAN port and to your modem.
- Now connect your router and device through wired or wireless connection. For wired connection you need to use the ethernet wire. For wireless connection you have to enter the SSID details of the router.
- Use the web browser that is working in your device and enter asus.router.setup or its IP address 192.168.1.1.
- Asus setup router login page will appear on the screen. where you have to fill the login credentials. Here you can use default username and password but if you have changed them then resetting of the router can help you to get back its default settings.
- Usually default details are admin for both fields. If you have any doubt then you can consult the asus router setup hand book.
- Press the ok button and you will get a setup wizard or asus wirless router setup page for asus router wifi setup which is used for router setting and wifi configuration. With the help of asus setup wizard, you can alter the setting of internet connection type for router asus setup. You need to enter new wifi name and password for security enhancement.
- In case if asus setup wizard won’t respond then you can do the manual settings for internet connection setup.
- For the asus router wifi setup go to its wifi section. You have to form new SSID and code to secure the router’s network.
- You can create guest network, set parental controls, do the firewall settings and port forwarding as an advance security setting.
- If you find the latest version of the asus firmware update for setup asus router then make sure to install it as soon as possible.
- Save these changes and setting by pushing the apply button. Your router will need reboot to make your settings effective. Reboot can be done by unplugging the router from power source or simply by pressing the button.
Asus router wifi setup process with instructions
- Initially you need to follow the primary steps to accomplish the asus router setup and login process then with the help of setup wizard configure the connection type (DHCP or PPPoE) of your internet.
- Go to the wifi section or Asus wireless router setup page and change the wifi name and password keeping the security point of view in mind. Choose WPA2 or WPA3 to enhance the network security.
- To optimize the wireless network performance carefully choose the channel and bandwidth of your wifi.
- To enhance the network security, you can form a guest network to same your access details from people. For this you need to enable guest network wifi setting and set them according to your preferences.
- Save the settings and click on apply and restart your router. After restarting it connect your devices with newly formed wifi network and test the connectivity.
How to resolve Asus router wiFi not working issue?
If you ever face Asus router wifi not working issue then you must try the given troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure your wifi router is functioning rightly and is on. Observe the LED indicators on your router as these indicators can predicts what is going on with the router network. You can also interact with your ISP benefactor to check whether there is any issue with network or not.
- If there is no issue with wifi modem then just restart your router. It can resolve the issue quickly. For this you need to unplug it from the power source and after waiting for 10 to 15 second plug it in back. Remember you don’t need to press any button as it will automatically get rebooted.
- Check your devices that are using the same wifi network. If they are ok then must look for other cause and if there is any network issue with other devices as well then reconnect your device with inputting the correct details of your network.
- If your devices are within the range of your wifi router otherwise the connectivity issue will definitely arise. Also check the other things that can create network disturbance like multiple device connection, electronic devices, walls etc.
- Sometimes firmware update can also resolve such kind of issues, so you must check the firmware section regularly. If there is any update available then you must get it on urgent basis.
- When no tip will work then you can get the temporary relief by resetting your network settings as it will erase the wifi setting so that you can create new details or can choose to connect to other network as well.
How to complete Asus router app setup?
- For Asus router app setup the first initial step is to get the app downloaded and installed in your device. You can download it from any app store that your device is having or is compatible with.
- Connect your device to the Asus router’s network before starting its setup process. Then unveil the Asus app and log in to your account through asus.router.setup web browsing. If you have not established it then you must finish that first and then comprehend the Asus login. It will inevitably perceive the Asus router and direct you to add the router.
- After adding it organize the preliminary settings. Like language, admin password setup that will be used for router, internet settings etc. and then execute the wireless setting. Set the name, code of your SSID ad secure it with WPA2 or WPA3, channel selection and guest network setup.
- Asus router proffers you with its additional advantageous features. That are network map and clients, parental control, creating guest network, VPN and advance settings etc. The app will also inform you when there will be a firmware update obtainable for your Asus router.
How to accomplish the Asus firmware update?
Though Asus router app setup will notify you whenever there will be firmware update asus available for setup asus router but make sure you are aware of your Asus model or series because you can also web interface to get it and for that the details are necessary. Open the official website and search your device model if firmware update asus is there then download it and before installing it keep a backup of your router’s setting, get the access of router’s admin page by logging in it through entering its IP address or asus.router.setup web address in the web browser’s address field.
Search the firmware upgrade option, click and choose the file that is downloaded, trail the prompted instructions and until the process is completed do not press any button otherwise your device will get harmed. The device will automatically reboot itself after the update is completed then you can restore your router settings from the file you have saved earlier.